Saturday, December 16, 2006

Love Sewing!

This is my second sewing project. My mom bought me a sewing machine for my birthday. She helped me learn how to sew a fleece sleeper. After that, I was hooked. I've been wanting a carebear diaper bag and haven't found any anywhere except homemade ones on e-bay. I decided to tackle a diaper bag pattern to sew. To my surprise, it was pretty easy and I did it with little help from my mom. I worked on it for hours trying to finish it before Ginger was born. My timing was perfect! Ginger was born two days after I finished! I think sewing has come easy for me because it's alot like what I do with sheetmetal. At work I get patterns and directions to make things out of sheetmetal. I think I am taking a liking to sewing better than I did with sheetmetal. :)


2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow girl!! You amaze me! That bag is so cute! You'll have to teach me sometime. :)

Elizabeth C said...

How cute! Sewing that carebear bag! I am learning to sew too. Great job girl! :) It matches all of your other stuff!!