We were going to have burritos for dinner but when I pulled the tortillas out, they were moldy! I had them for only a week. Usually tortillas last alot long then just a week. I didn't want to make a trip to the store just for tortillas, so I decided to search the net for a recipe. I came across this site, http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com I found a simple recipe that made my tortillas turn out good. All I needed for the recipe was 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp. of oil, 3/4 cups of warm milk, 1 tsp. of salt, and 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder.
Once the dough was made, I had to make 8 balls and cover and let set for 10 minutes.Then, one at a time I rolled each ball out to about an 8"diameter circle.
Then I just had to cook each side for about 30 seconds.

1 comment:
Unbelievable! I wouldn't have considered making them but now I guess I'm gonna have to try it. I'm curious about the taste. You're such a homemaker! Looks like Glennard is enjoying it! :) ♥ ~Mom~
Post a Comment