Monday, September 24, 2007

Beware!

Just a warning to you fellow bloggers about the sparkling widgets. You know those green sparkling roses at the top of my page? ...well, I have tried all sorts of ways to remove those dumb roses and nothing works. I've looked for the html code for the roses and have erased parts of the code and and even my header and they're still there! Stupid Roses! I've even found that other bloggers have had the same problem with the sparkling widgets. So, just so you know, use them at your own risk.

6 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Oh, but Summer, I think they're kinda cool lookin'. Frustrating though to not be able to change them, huh? Well, at least you're not stuck with something ugly. ♥

Kaela said...

That is frustrating. Did you try changing your blog template? That would probably be really hard to do at this point, plus your blog looks so great. There's probably a good chance it wouldn't work anyway:( I agree with granma (isn't it funny to call our moms grandma?)... at least it's not something ugly:)

Summer said...

hahha Kaela you're funny. I did try to change my template and the stupid roses shows up still. I have been thinking of starting over completely. It would be kind of fun to start brand new..it just would take time.

Angela said...

Have you tried asking some computer geek? There has to be a way. Right? How frustrating for you!

Anonymous said...

If you right-click on the web page and select "View Source", you can see all the code behind the web page.

If you then do a search on that page for the Roses' filename (green-rose-sparkle.gif), you will find the part in the code where the Roses is. Note the structure of the code where the filename is, and delete the whole section that starts with
< div id='header-inner'-
and ends with the corresponding "div" tag. (can't put the code in this message cuz it gets rejected)

Summer said...

I did the view source and deleted the code and then saved it, but the roses are still there and when I check the view source thing, it's as if I never deleted it. It won't stay deleted! grrrr!