Sunday, September 09, 2007

Stuffed Crust Pizza


Glen and I love stuffed crust pizza. I thought that since we like it so much, maybe it would taste even better home-made. In the process of looking for a pizza recipe, I came across this cool website that lets you have a recipe box/folder online for free and it has the nutrition facts for it's recipes and rates them with stars. Very user friendly. Anyway I got my pizza recipe #70165 from www.recipezaar.com
We like how it turned out. I liked this recipe especially because it only needed about 30 minutes to rise and it makes two pizzas. I froze the extra dough for later.
For stuffed crust pizza, you just take string cheese and cut it up and lay it around the edges of the dough. When you roll up the edges, be sure to really seal the dough so the stuffed crust stays stuffed. A few of my edges didn't get sealed good enough and the cheese melted out so parts of my crust went hollow.

Before you put the pizza in the oven, you need to brush butter on the crust so it doesn't taste dry or floury. (I forgot to do that with my pizza and the crust seemed a bit dry)

Um Um GOOD! I think we just might go home-made...it's alot cheaper than Pizza Hut!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

So that pizza looks really good. I may have to make it for my family when I get my oven fixed that is.... I always love a new recipe! :) Your so brave to try new things like this. See I have to know someone who made it before I could ever do it myself. So here's to some yummy pizza one of these days! Thanks Summer

:)Rachel

Kaela said...

Yummy! I love the smiley face! You could be the next Rachel Ray- but better. Your personality & food is better:)