Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Turbo Kick Kicked my butt!




My friend Shannon and I have been going to the gym trying out different classes they offer. We thought it would be fun to try out the Turbo Kick class last night. It was alot of fun. Bouncing around and hopping side to side made me feel younger, but being a couple moves behind the rest of the class made me feel older..I just couldn't keep up with everyone. We ended the class with an ab. workout. Wowch! My stomach was burning. I had to take several breaks while everyone else was keeping up with the teacher. That night, I went home, ate dinner and then my stomach started hurting really bad. I had really bad sharp pains. It reminded me of contractions. I wasn't sure what was going on at first..I thought maybe I ate too many chocolate oaties or that maybe I didn't drink enough water. Glen called it though. He told me to lay on my stomach and stretch upwards. 15 minutes later the pain disappeared.
When I went to class this morning, Shannon said she had the same thing. She thought that maybe she had been pregnant and was miscarrying. I think we learned a lesson here. .we're all progressing at different levels, so don't compare yourself to others or worry about what others might think of you or you might get hurt. (hmmmm ....could this be an introduction for a talk at church?...maybe if I go to church with an empty cereal box to be filled ;) (Melissa and Rachael, were you guys there that sunday when the speaker talked about bringing an empty cereal box to church to be filled? Eversince that talk, Glen and I have joked about it. We just thought it was so funny and we were just imagining someone out in the audience saying to themselves.."Cereal Boxes! I finally get it!" hahahha

4 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

I don't remember that part. I wonder if I get ANYTHING out of sacrament. I'm constantly sushing kids or getting this or that and occationaly might hear a comment or two... I started working out again now that joe's back in school. Did the eliptical like I usually would do but it's been 2 months so my abbs are still tender from Monday and then adding on to mondays with every other work out!

Summer said...

The eliptical is one of my favorites workout machines!

Angela said...

I never feel like myself for the first year after I have a baby. Once that is past, I always feel much better. I know you are really active so just keep exercising but don't push it. Giving your body time to heal and actually getting to sleep through the night, make a difference. This past year, I have been playing soccer on a Women's Team. At first, it kicked my bum but then I felt great!

Kaela said...

I wish I could say I have kept up with my resolution to work out. Way to go! I'm still trying:)