Thursday, October 18, 2007

Flower Baby

I'm so excited! I just finished sewing her halloween costume today. I found the "kwik sew" pattern at a little fabric store in town. I started on it yesturday and stayed up late working on it. I'm surprised how fast it was to make. I thought for sure it would take me days. We just got my sewing machine out of storage the other day and I went right out to look for patterns for a costume for Ginger. I'm so glad my mom taught me how to sew before we moved down here. I love it! It's so rewarding!

My little Ginger Rose
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Oh, that's a pretty cute little flower ya got there! Darling idea, Summer! Ginger has such a funny expression on that last picture. hahaha Good job sewing, Summer!! ♥

Kaela said...

I am so impressed. She looks SO cute... again! Way to go:)

Are You Serious! said...

That is soooo cute. Very nice work. It's really really good especially if you just learned how to sew! :) Ginger is so sweet...

Rachel Berry said...

Very Cute Costume! You did a great job.

:) Rachel

tchutchins said...

She is so cute!!!! I love her costume, you will have to give me some sewing lessons!

Holly said...

That's adorable! I showed Greg, and the first picture we saw was the bottom one where Ginger is looking kind of upset. We laughed and laughed! Her expression is so funny along with the flower around her face. Cute Baby!

Ali said...

In the last picture it's almost like she's looking at a bug on her nose...maybe it was attracted to the middle of the flower ;) I wish I could sew like that- it's amazing! Will you sew a costume for yourself this year too?

Ethatch said...

Good Job Summer! What a cutey she is, both the baby and the costume! Kaela and I just enjoyed your blog together while we were on the phone.We live in such a wonderful world where even though we live far apart, we can share the most important things in our lives instantly! I LOVE this blog thing and keeping in touch with all of my friends and even their children and grandchildren! You have a beautiful family!
Love,
Marge Thatcher

Wendy Jean said...

So cute Sum!! I love it! I wondered what you were doing for her costume this year. Good job!

Elizabeth C said...

Very cute pictures! Good job on the sewing! Ethan is going to be Spiderman (pic on our blog) and Rachel, we haven't quite decided what she is going to be, but Ethan is convinced that she is going to be a Princess, so that is probably what we'll have her be.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable in that outfit! How amazing that you made it! Good for you!