- 5 cups wheat flour
- 2/3 c. gluten
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 4 cups water (120-130 degrees)
- 2/3 cups oil
- 2/3 cups sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 3 cups. wheat flour
Mix first three ingrediants. Add hot water and mix. Cover and let rest 10 min. Add salt, oil, sugar, lemon juice and beat one minute. Add remaining 3 cups flour. Beat till dough pulls from sides of bowl. Preheat oven for one minute and then turn off. Turn dough on oiled surface; divide in two and shape into loaves. Place in oiled bread pans.* Let rise 15 min. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
* This is when I prefer to use Wilton Cake Release instead of oil. I found that the bottom of my loaves were burning so I switched to the Cake release and now they are a nice golden brown instead of black! (It could be something with my oven too, it's old and heat isn't distributed very well.)
I use two large loaf pans for this bread. Makes good sandwhich size slices. :)
1 comment:
Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out---probably next week!
Post a Comment