I got a bunch of apples from this elderly couple that Glen is doing a job for. So I made some applesauce with them. Then a friend of a friend of mine gave me the idea to make fruit leather. Glen happened to have an old dehydrator in storage that I didn't even know he had. So I cleaned it up and read about how to make leather. It's pretty easy!
Puree the fruit and then heat it up to 190 degrees to prevent oxidization. Let cool and then spoon onto parchment paper and set on your dehydrator racks. Just don't spoon it on too thick. The picture below is what it looks like when it's done.
Parchment paper works really well. It just peels right off. The apple leather tastes so good! It's hard not to eat it as soon as each rack is done. If you make a bunch, you can store it in the freezer.





5 comments:
Wow, that looks really good! I will have to try that next week sometime!
♥ That sounds good and pretty easy. Now I just need a dehydrater! :)
I need to get me a dehydrator. I remember my Grandma used to make fruit leather and we LOVED it. You can't go wrong! That looks delicious!
Yummeeeeeeee! I love fruit leather... especially home-made! You look so pretty in that last picture (as always :) ).
That sounds so good. You are always making yummy things.
Post a Comment