Monday, August 03, 2009

My favorite Ensign article

I've been wanting to share this for a while but just haven't gotten around to it till now.
If you haven't read the June 2009 Ensign, you should look through it. My favorite article in this one and I think of all Ensigns is the one titled "Our Refined Heavenly Home" by Elder Douglas L. Callister. This was such a good article that Glen suggested I cut it out and make a folder of my favorite articles. Reading this really helped put things into perspective for me and I know I will need to go back and read it from time to time. After reading this it just made me want to be better and make even small changes that I might think wouldn't normally matter much.


Every night I put the kids to bed at 8pm sharp because for one, keeping them on a schedule keeps them happy kids which keeps me happy too and I really depend on having some quiet time in the evenings to read.
I look forward to hopping in bed and reading the Ensign. I just love the magazine and all it has to offer.

The other day they had a great article in August Ensign. It was tited "Managing Postpartum Depression-a gospel perspective"
I really appreciated this article and am so grateful to the church leaders and members that contribute to the Ensign. I know the baby blues and P.D affect alot of us so I had to share with you that they have an article in the ensign just for us, for those who struggle with these issues or know people that do. I read this article and then Glen and I read it together and it really helped him understand what a woman (me) goes through at times.
I don't think I've ever bore my testimony on my blog before but I feel like I want to now.
I know church leaders are inspired to know what subjects are needed to be addressed for the Ensign and I know that just reading it really helps lift me and makes me want to be better. I'm so grateful to be a member of the church and am grateful for the testimony I have.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for pointing out those articles. I missed the refined heavenly home one but I read the baby blues article and told Greg about it as I read. He decided that when I have a baby he would come home from work every day and do all the dishes and put in a load of laundry on his lunch break. Then when he gets home after work he's going to sweep the kitchen and vacuum the house and put away all the clothes! I'm thankful for the ensign too. hehehe!

Ali said...

I just started scratching the surface of the ensign this Sunday...I'm exited to read that article. Thanks for your testimony and for sharing it- we really are so lucky to have such great advice and words of wisdom MONTHLY from our latter day apostles and Prophet.

Kaela said...

Thanks for this post!! I haven't read the past couple of issues like I should. I am excited to read the articles you recommended now. When I was a teenager in YW I made it one of my YW goals to read a New Era article before I went to bed every night and remember my testimony was really strengthened by that. I should do the same with the Ensign now:)

Elizabeth C said...

That sounds like a great article! I'll have to read it.