Sunday, July 11, 2010

we've been busy!

 
The big kid in the green coat is my dad. ahahahahhh  We took him to the circus for his 62nd birthday!  Happy Birthday DAD!


 
Holly and Greg came and decorated the house while we were away.  Holly made a super cake too. 
 
This is what's keeping me so busy these days....family!   (don't you just love this family photo! hahahah  not sure what jack and glen were looking at.  Ginger and Gretchen are cute looking at each other, plus, this seems like the typical family photo.  Doesn't this just tell a story in itself!  I think every family probably has a photo like this where only one person is actually looking in the right direction hahahah) 
 
This is also what's been taking up the other half of my time.  right after Gretchen was born, Glen and I built the fence, stained the fence, planted a garden (with much help from holly), weed the garden, weed the whole back yard  (the weeds were 3 feet tall everywhere!  we had a jungle in the front and back yard), laid rock, raked dirt and dead weeds, spread topsoil, and finally just yesturday with the help from Glen's family,we finished laying sod everywhere!  hurray, the hard work is finally paying off.    ( I think our neighbors like us better now that we don't have a jungle growing in the front yard anymore.) 
NExt we're going to get some plants for the rock border.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. The yard and fence and everything look awesome! What a change from a couple of weeks ago! Nice work, you two.

2. The Family Photo is fantastic. Gretchen's photo is super. Everybody looks good. Beautiful Family.

3. Thanks for the surprise B-Day party. Lots-O-Fun!

Granma Faye said...

Yay, pictures! Those are fun to see! I love all of them. I'm so glad you got that once in a lifetime one of Dad on the elephant. Fun! Love the look of your yard and house. So nice. The green on green is pleasant. Seeing the BD pics is fun. We look like we're all about to pounce on that cake in that one pic. hahaha Yum!

Wendy Jean said...

Your yard looks great! I'm glad you and Glen could get the yard done. Now you can really enjoy it! I also love the picture of Dad on the elephant. So funny!

Holly said...

Yay! Your yard looks so nice! That's exciting to see it all come together! I liked seeing the part about the birthday visit too. Dad looks cute in his birthday pictures...too bad we didn't get a picture of his birthday biscuit, and his birthday cereal, and his birthday...hahhaha!

Ali said...

Beautiful! (the yard AND the family). I long for the day when I have a yard, but at the same time, I don't know how I'll ever keep up with it...although, here in CA, I can probably bet it won't be any bigger than 4 ft. by 4 ft...so I guess I shouldn't worry too much. It's good to see an update from you- I'm sure you are SUPER busy. Taking your Dad to the circus is a GREAT idea- I love your parents and have loved reconnecting with them through blogs and comments too:)

Elizabeth C said...

It's fun to see all of your updated posts and pictures. Hope you guys have fun up in WA!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Everything looks so good and your kids are precious. They sure grow quick huh?! I feel like this summer is whizzing by and I can't hardly keep up with it!! :)