Saturday, June 01, 2013

An Experience I'll never forget!


 This is a replica of Joseph Smith's home. They built it using the existing foundation and they used the same tools and built is the same way as the original.



 This was the room that Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph. It felt amazing to be there and think of all the history here.

 The Palmyra temple is the only temple in the world where you can see through the windows.  They felt it was important to cut the trees back so the people in the temple had a direct view of the Sacred Grove.
 This is the interior of Alvins house.  These are the original walls!  This is house is 80% or so original.




 the front of Alvins House.
 The Smith family barn.





 This was where the Gold plates were hidden for a while.  sorry i don't have more explanation. The Sister missionary who gave us the tour was from spain and had a very heavy accent and was only eight weeks into her mission so it was pretty hard to understand what she was saying.
   we were left on our own to go through the Sacred Grove.  This was the best part of the whole visit. The kids were a bit distracting but I managed to get a few moments to myself.  I was surrounded in absolute beauty.  It's been a week since my visit to the Sacred Grove and I still find myself pondering the experience of just being there and thinking about what it was like for Joseph Smith.
Here he had a beautiful farm, humble home and gorgeous land.  He left it all to do the lords work.  What a sacrifice, but a sacrifice worth giving.


 This photo above is my absolute favorite.  (the photo i emailed to some of you wasn't the one i thought it was)  This is the place in my opinion where I think Joseph knelt in prayer so long ago.  Right where the sun shines down on the forest floor like a spotlight.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jan W. said...

So cool, Summer! I'm quite jealous. Someday I'm going to make that trip. Your home looks awesome. Thanks for sharing and letting me know you had blogged again. Good luck in your new adventure!

Elizabeth C said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! I LOVE seeing all of that. I would LOVE to see all of that history. How amazing!

Granma Faye said...

So, so interesting. I love seeing all the pictures. Thanks for posting them. I'm sure there's a special feeling at that place. Beautiful, peaceful grove.

Kaela said...

How neat that you have gotten to see all these cool places as part of your adventure!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and tidbits of your experience with us too so we can live vicariously through you! Looooove that picture from the sacred grove!!!!

Angela said...

That is wonderful that you all had the opportunity to see all these historical sites! I want to take our kids there someday! Looks like you are having a great time on the east coast! :)