Sunday, December 15, 2013

I love homeschooling!

 This is what I spent my saturday doing.  Making up these cute "Take it to your seat" Centers. I bought the Literacy themed book off amazon. It tells you right what you need to make these. I also made their "take it to your seat" folders and next I'll do their shoebox ones once i get a hold of some shoe boxes.




 This is my box system I use for ginger.  I got the idea right off of Confessions of a Homeschooler blog.  Her blog is the best! so helpful!!
 
 We do science a few times a week.  This past week we were learning all about magnets.  The kids loved this activity. All of them joined in.  I was so excited that even though Oscar doesn't say much, he definately knows whats going on.




 The kids thought it was magic when I played with a magnet behind a cookie sheet and made the paper clip move around.  They all were anxious for a turn.
I love days like this where they all want to participate and they all sit in chairs and i feel like I taught them something.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Very cool. Magnets are fun and IT does seem magical. I remember being in awe of them when I was little...I still think they're cool! So, Oscar definitely looks like a cute little BOY now. Curly locks all gone. : ( But he's adorable no matter how his hair is.

Granma Faye said...

Oh, yeah, I wanted to say, too, how clever the homeschooling things are. Really cute. Looks like a lot of work...but fun, crafty-type work. The drawer system is great for keeping organized. How nice you can get help and ideas from the internet. Good job, Summer! Looks like fun for the kids. : )

Kaela said...

I always thought you'd be a good homeschooler. You make me want to do it though I doubt I'd do as good of a job. Love all of these projects and pictures!!!

Wendy Jean said...

Love the pictures! Your kids are at a fun stage where everything is new and exciting. I have to teach concepts that I'm not as familiar with for it to be new and exciting for the boys. Kind of takes the fun out when I have to study alot for it.