Friday, May 16, 2014

Never thought I would say this...



 but, I think I'm becoming a Birder. I always thought it was funny how people would get exspensive cameras and binoculars and go to bird trails and sit and wait for  bird to come by.  But I'm finding myself wanting to do just that. It sounds relaxing and exciting. And, right here in Alabama is the one of the Nations best birding sanctuaries!  It's on Dauphin Island just an hour from us.
 I was so thrilled to get this picture. It's like the bird was posing just for me! I love that vibrant red!!

 It's woody wood pecker!

I love red but to my surprise, I think this is my favorite! I love that bright yellow and the birds pose.  :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Granma Faye said...

Yeah, I know what ya mean...I've been surprised at myself, too, in these later years enjoying birds. It took me a long time to REALLY notice and appreciate them but now I enjoy seeing all the varieties and colors. These are beautiful pics--so professional. That cardinal is very striking and beautiful with its contrasting black markings. And look at that spike of a beak on the woodpecker. So sharp. Gosh its behavior is interesting. Gives me a headache thinking about all that pounding! hahaha :)