I visited Ali and Jeff's blog. Ali had this fast and easy bread recipe, so I thought I would try it out. I was pleasantly surprised at really how fast and easy it was. The bread is nice and soft ...even after a week. It's great for sandwiches! I encourage you bread makers to try it out!Recipe:
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup gluten flour
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups hot water (120-130 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Mix together first three ingredients in mixer with dough hook. Add water all at once and mix for one minute; cover and let rise 10 min. Add salt, oil, honey or sugar, and lemon juice and beat for 1 min. Add last flour, 1 c. at a time, beating between each cup. Beat for about 10 min. until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. This makes a very soft dough. Preheat oven 1 min. to luke warm and turn off. Turn dough onto oiled counter top; divide, shape into loaves; place into oiled bread pans. Let rise in warm oven for 10-15 min. until dough reaches top of pan. Don't remove bread-turn oven to 350 degrees and bake 30 min. Remove from pans to cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment