For FHE, Glen and I went backberry pickin'. I told Glen that if he got enough berries, then I would back him a pie. I'm normally not in to bakin pies. I prefer crisps and cobblers (they're sweeter to me) I never cared for pies a whole lot, but since doing this pie, I think I've changed my mind.
I went to Cooks.com and picked out several pie crust recipes. The recipe I chose turned out really good. It was fast and easy. I didn't even have to refridgerate it for four hours like other recipes said to do. I actually ate my pie crust. Usually I eat the inside and leave the crust. Here is the recipe I used to make my pie. Maybe you would like to try it some time.
Berry Mixture: Take five cups of berries and add 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder and 1/3 cup of sugar (I doubled my sugar). Stir and set aside.
Crust: Mix 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of flour and a tsp. of salt and set aside. Stir 1/4 cup of milk and 2 tbsp. of vinegar and let set just a few minutes. Combine the milk mixture and flour and mix till it forms a ball. Roll out on floured surface and divide in two. Place bottom crust in pan and fill with berry mixture. Then place top crust on and seal edges. Bake in oven for 45 minutes till golden brown at 375 degrees.





3 comments:
Looks perfect!! Yuuuummmmy:d Where did you find the blackberries? One of the many things I love and miss about the northwest is all of the wild blackberries you can find.
That pie look sooooo good! I bet Glen loved it. I can't believe that's the first pie you've ever made. Really good job! The crust looks so nice. Can I have a bite? A GREAT BIG bite? A scoop of vanilla bean ice cream would be good on it, too!
Hi Sum Sum,
Beautiful pie, looks yummy, good enough to eat!!
Going to check out the other areas of your site.
Love Aunty Linda
Post a Comment