Tuesday, September 11, 2007

2 hours 2 trips and $121.00 later


In all the places in the world, I hate DMV the most. The world would be a better place without all their stupid rules. Well, ...I guess some of thier rules are needed, but anyway,..I just want to vent a little. I do have to admit that the DMV in La Grande is way better than Bremerton. In both towns, they only have two employees working no matter how busy it gets. In La Grande though, the waiting room has never been full and I'm usually seen within 10 minutes where in Bremerton I'm seen no sooner than 20 minutes.
We've lived here for 6 months so I thought it was time to change our license plates. (I just learned today that I can pay 20 dollars to drive my car with a washington license around town for 20 days. After that I can't drive it until I get Oregon Licenses.) I failed to tell them that we've been living here for 6 months.
I thought that all I needed to bring with me was my registration and proof of insurance. They wanted the Title so I ran home and got the Title and came back. Then they wanted to verify the vin #. So they went to the car and came back and told me I had to scratch off the navy tabs that were covering the vin number. Meanwhile Ginger is getting hungry and tired of sitting in her carseat and I'm tired of lugging her back and forth from my car to the stupid DMV office. The lady came back from checking my car a second time and said that she couldn't see the numbers but she went ahead and scratched off more of the sticker. Gee, how nice of her to not make me go out a third time to scratch more of the sticker away. To end this story...two hours later, two trips to the DMV and $121.00 later, I got my Oregon License plates and tabs. I'm now officially an Oregonian and I hope to never have to go to a DMV for the rest of my life.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Bet your glad that is over! The best thing now is when your tags expire you can order the new ones via the internet... I just got Lloyd stickers for his truck and never had to leave the house. And it only took like 5 days to get them here. SO WORTH THE 5 Minutes on-line. Thanks heavens for Debit cards!

Rachel

Kaela said...

I am so with you- DMV's are awful. I found it is best to get there right before it opens. Everything is harder with a baby too. My in and out errands are no longer just in and out. On the bright side though- my arms are stronger than ever:)

Granma Faye said...

Ah hahahahaha....that last sentence made me laugh. Welcome to the wonderful world of govenment! hahaha I know it can be really frustrating! Especially when you have a baby or children with you. Grrrr.....
Well, at least you got that necessary evil taken care of. Patience, my dear, patience..... I love that Kaela said her arms are stronger than ever! hahahaha very true.

Granma Faye said...

Ah hahahahaha....that last sentence made me laugh. Welcome to the wonderful world of govenment! hahaha I know it can be really frustrating! Especially when you have a baby or children with you. Grrrr.....
Well, at least you got that necessary evil taken care of. Patience, my dear, patience..... I love that Kaela said her arms are stronger than ever! hahahaha very true.

Granma Faye said...

Well....that's just about dumb! How did my last comment get on there twice?!! Sorry ♥