Monday, September 10, 2007

Recipe Contest Worthy? You Decide!

I had to share this recipe with you. It's soooo good. Its' taste will fool you. This is my low-sugar fat free dessert that is so creamy. One would feel guilty eating such a dessert if they didn't know my secret ingrediants! I've been told that my recipe is worthy of entering the Reader's Digest Recipe Contest.

Here's how you make it: Combine with wire whisk 1 cup cold water, 1 (14 oz) can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk, and 1 (1.5 oz) pkg. suger-free instant vanilla pudding mix. Cover and chill until firm (about 20 minutes). Remove plastic wrap and add 1 (8 oz) block of fat-free cream cheese, softened. Beat with mixer till blended. Gently fold in 1 (8 oz) tub thawed sugar-free/fat-free whipped topping and set aside.
Next, take sugar-free decaf suisse mocha drink mix and make up two cups worth and set aside. Take one block of angel food cake and slice it into thin bars as shown in picture below. Dip bars of angel food cake in drink mix and let soak a bit then place in bottom of 9x9 square pan. Spread half of the cream mixture over the first layer of angel food cake and then sprinkle cocoa on top. Repeat layers. Cover and refridgerate overnight.

I use angel food cake when I can't find ladyfingers. It works pretty good.
Here's what my set-up looks like
Now I just have to be patient and not get into it till tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Ohh a recipe that doesn't require baking in an oven. I may have to try. :)

Rachel

Granma Faye said...

Oh yeah, this is good stuff! I'm gonna make some and take it to work for a treat. I'm glad you posted the recipe, Summer. I may have it already but now it's easier to find.
Yum! I think you could win the contest with this! ♥