Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Goblin Express!

"Goblin ExpressGnarly,
snaggle-toothed witches take flight
Riding the Goblin Express through the night
Balancing packages on spindly broomsticks
Past flickering candles without any wicks
The night is awash in fuzzy white light
The moon's face hidden by fog full of fright
Startled, one witch drops her boxes--a mess!
Tumbling, falling, crashing on your doorsteps
Clunkety clunk, crash, boomity bang!
Imagination races--"What was that thang?
"Beads of cold sweat; hairs stand on end
Ummm.....No monster, no fiend, no foe; just a friend!
Tumult begun by witch frightened in flight
Now celebrated--turned out alright!"-Gramma Faye
I love surprises in the mail! My mom wrote that poem and sent it to me and my sisters as a hint that something was coming in the mail for us. Then a few days later, I got this package. I love getting packages in the mail...especially if it has treats in it!
Ginger liked the spider socks!
The clothes fit her good mom and dad! Thanks!
Here's the glowing eyes! We already ate the candy before i took a picture of it. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

How much fun. Suprise mail packages are the best! :)

Granma Faye said...

Funny, Summer. Now I'm famous!! I had already put my poem in the comments section of Holly's blog. I'm glad you liked the surprise package. It was fun to collect everything and box it up. ♥

Kaela said...

With all of the technology that this world has to offer- it is still so exciting to get stuff in the mail. Packages are the best kind of mail too!! What a fun package! I love the spider socks- I love it all, but it seems like those socks would be so fun to play with for little ones:)

Angela said...

What a sweet Mom!