Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Spin Mom!

Spinning is basically indoor cycling to loud upbeat music with an instructor that provides routines containing hill climbs, sprints, jumps, hovers, etc. It's designed to give you back what you put in it. I got into spinning a few years ago when my knees went bad from running. I loved the workout and was surprised at how fun spinning could be. There's alot more to it than just sitting on your butt and pedaling for 45 minutes. Spinning has become one of the most popular group workouts in the U.S.
About a month and a half ago, Jenny, my visiting & teaching companion, told me that the Gym was in need of spin instructors and that I should go apply to be one. I had never taught a group fitness class before, but I did have a few years experience taking spin classes and just riding my bike outdoors. I went and applied and got the job! I was so excited! Last week I had to take a 50 question test and do a practical. I taught my first class today! I'll be teaching twice a week in the mornings. It's the best job ever! There's a nursery that I can take Ginger to and she does real well with the other kids.
This is a newspaper clipping of all the staff at the Gym.

I'm kind of hard to see, so I drew a little arrow. :)

You can see my profile on the Gym website here: http://grfitness.com/cms/viewpage.php?page_id=8

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

Right on... That's great. Make a little extra money and get a work out too! :)

Kaela said...

That is so awesome, Summer! How great to be getting paid and get a great workout at the same time!! Congratulations:)

Granma Faye said...

I'm so glad you got the job and like it! It'll be so good for you and it'll be good for Ginger to have a little exposure to other kids, too. Go, Summer! ♥

Ali said...

Congratulations Summer- That is so rad. Sounds like THE perfect additional job for a Mommy! You get a good workout in while making a little money as well! I want to be one!