After work the other day, Glen and his brothers scored a ton of plums from this lady who they have been working for. The week before that, they got a bunch of canning jars from another lady that they were working for. So they canned a bunch of soup and last night we all worked together to can a ton of plum jam!
(Glen pitting more plums!)
Aww! Yum. Our final product! (Alberston's lids are way cheaper than Safeway's)
( Grandpa Chandler holding Ginger while we can)





5 comments:
That's great group effort. Makes canning so much funner!
Was this the plum jam that Holly recommended? Looks yummy! I think it is great that everyone helped!
Jam's OK...but I like seeing Grandpa Chandler. He's too cute! :) ♥
The recipe we used was Sharis. I think what Holly made was jelly. We should trade her some jam for jelly.
Yeah, we made jelly. We didn't pit the plums, we just squished all the good stuff out of them and tossed what was left in the strainer. I'm curious how your jam turned out, and if it's very different from my jelly. We're going to get a whole bunch more yellow plums that are normal sized, so I might make jam with those. The sugar plums are just grape-sized, so it'd be a pain to get the pits out of all those little tiny plums.
Post a Comment