Monday, December 10, 2007

Gingerbread house

I've never made a gingerbread house, so we thought it would be fun to make one from scratch...(that's why the house is crooked and lop sided). It was fun. I layed the frosting foundation and put up the walls and Glen put the mike and ike shingles on. He also built the Andes mint chimney. After we built it, we didn't know what to do with it and we felt too guilty throwing it all away, so we decided to give it to Mark and Liz and their kids. We figured they would like it ..at least their kids would. (Sorry Liz, you probably weren't too excited to have a bunch of candy sitting around for your kids to eat.)

It even has a porch!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, you could have brought the porch to our house at least! Nice job!

Are You Serious! said...

Way to go! From scratch. I don't think I would have attempted it. Good idea with the andes mints, they're perfect for the windows and chimney! :)

Granma Faye said...

Um...yuuuummmmyyy! Looks good! So colorful. Is that Moose Munch I see surrounding the house? Whoa...I wouldn't have given THAT away! ♥

Kaela said...

From scratch- YUMMMMMY!! Looks great!

Wendy Jean said...

Dustin wants to see you make a gingerbread house from the blue prints of the home your building now. :)