( House that the Chandlers built)Well, I finished. I made a website for Chandler Manufacturing Inc. ! To keep up with the times, we needed to have a way for people to be able to use a search engine and find Chandler Manufacturing Inc. on the net. Almost a year ago, Elizabeth made a blog about Chandler Maufacturing, but it just hasn't had the traffic that we thought it would. Though it's easy to get to if you know Elizabeth and her blog address. So we decided it was time to make a site that anyone could find whether you knew us personally or not.
I first made a free website. You can see it at www.freewebs.com/chandlerhomes
This was a good way to go to start out with (for practice). (The only website I have made is my own blog!) So I made this one and then had the guys look it over so I could make changes and fine tune it to the way they like it. Then (thanks to Nelli's recommendation) I went to Godaddy.com and made another site and purchased a domain and host. You can go here to see it. http://www.chandlermanufacturing.com/ I like this second site, but I think I like the first one better. Godaddy.com has excellent service! I called them up and only had to wait a minute before someone was ready to help me. I am still fine tuning some details so we can find it if we google search it and so the pictures don't take so long to show up on the photo album. Please check out both sites and tell me which one you like better. I would love the input. The info is the same. The layout is a little different though.
9 comments:
That's cool Sum! I like the look of the first website a little better - colors and background style. But they both look good! The website should help the business grow! In a day or two I'll try googling it and see if it works. :)
I was thinking that the 2nd one looked more professional to me...
Good job you!
Good Job Summer. You are so talented! I kind of liked the second one better because of the background (the first background brought back memories of my grandma's basement carpet.)
Oh thats funny with the carpet comment. Thats SAME EXACT THING I WAS THINKING! I do like the look of the second one as well! Good Job Summer. I'm impressed!
:)R
Hey that's cool Summer! I like how it looks so professional, and it's cool that somebody could find it even if they don't know you personally. Next time I'm in Oregon and I need somebody to build me a house, I'll look you up on your website! Hehehe!
I actually like the rich brown background of the first site better than the mossy green of the second one. The colors just seem to go together better on the first one. The brilliant blue sky of the picture with the deep, masculine brown border is striking. Also I like the larger font better. But....both look good. [I don't have any negative associations with brown carpet- hahaha :)] Great job! Simple, clear, easy to understand.
♥
You and Kaela and your new business ventures! Way to go- this looks like it was a lot of work. The second one gets my vote on this one cause you don't have to scroll down as much to get the jist of it, but both are impressive!
I had a hard time deciding. I think the first one's background looks more like aged rust colored stucco siding on a house than it does old carpet though. I actually like the smaller type from the second website and the over all organization of the first site (i.e. the header centered over the picture and the plain words on the side bar to click on, etc.). I like the more neutral color palette of the second site- it seems to mesh with the stye of house in the picture better and the style of house for that area I believe. Stucco is very St. George though:) I like them both, but that is my complicated weird opinion. Like I said, I had a hard time deciding, but wanted to contribute and say WAY TO GO YOU!!
People should read this.
Post a Comment