Happy Birthday to Wendy!
Wendy is my older sister and is turning 29 today. I just want to tell her how much I love her and am grateful that she is my sister. I used to hang out in Wendy's room when we were younger. We would fall asleep talking on her bed and I would often wake up around 4am and finally go to my own bed. As she is my older sister, I would always look up to her and want to be like her. I wanted to wear the same perfume and listen to the same music. Though I tried to be like her, in many ways I wasn't. She was the more mature, responsible sibling. And I,...I was the clown, goofy and annoying. I loved teasing her and when I was older, I enjoyed going on double dates with her and her boyfriend.
FIVE THINGS I ADMIRE ABOUT WENDY
1. She plays the piano beautifully
2. She always remembers my birthday and everyone else's ontime! (Wendy, your package is in the mail as of today!)
3. She is always there to listen to me complain or to give me advice.
4. She has Star Mom qualities that I hope to aquire.
5. I love her dark hair, fair skin and huge smile


6 comments:
You guys ALL have the cutest dimples!
Hey, that was a good idea Summer. I like your little tribute to Wendy. I think you're right on about those Star Mom qualities. She's kind of like a standard that I try to live by. (Maybe that's why I got into baking bread so much.) I have it even better than you, because I've had two sisters to look up to and try to be like. =)
That is so sweet Sum! Thank you! I like how you think I'm still in my 20's. :) I actually turned 30 this year. In some ways that seems old when I think back to when I was 16 and viewing 30. But now that I'm there it doesn't seem old. I'm guessing I'll feel that way about my 40's and 50's. Ugh! 40 sounds so old. Good thing it is 10 years away!
Happy Birthday Wendy!
Wendy was a beautiful, almost black-haired baby. She looked very much like an Indian baby with thick, 1 1/2" long hair and a darker skin. Wherever I took her, people commented on "all that dark hair." She couldn't have been more adorable! Ugh...was that really 30 years ago?!
Loved that baby, loved that little girl...love that beautiful woman she's become with children of her own! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR! ♥ Mom
(Such a good idea to make that tribute post, Summer.)
Happy Birthday Wendy!! What a sweet tribute, Summer. It makes me want to cry. I definitely relate!! Sisters are the best!!!
Post a Comment