I am really enjoying working at the gym. I'm still doing spin class and it's growing and alot of fun. I started Pilates in January and love it. It's Pilates for beginners. Most of the women in that class are in there 40-50s. They are so fun. I love days like today where two of the ladies came up to me and told me how excited they were to see some improvements and that they notice they are feeling stronger. I couldn't help but feel good inside even though I know it's because of their effort and dedication. I started teaching Circuit Training today. There was only one person that showed up (that's how my other classes started out as). But this person was deaf. I wasn't expecting that. We sure had fun though. :) (I took a semester or two of sign language in college because I was considering becoming an interpreter. ) I only remember a few signs and the alphabet (luckily), so we could communicate good enough. Just from today, I've learned how to sign the words for : hard, easy, finish, tired, good, bad, year, and the days of the week. I just think it's so fun!
5 comments:
I've thought about going back to school and the part the scares me is the 2nd language crud... I wonder if I can do sign language as a language elective and if it counts! :)
SOunds like fun at the gym! I didn't know you were doing more classes. Good for you!
I wanna be in your class, Summer! I'm sure it's fun and it's so good for YOU, too. It's a perfect way to earn a little extra cash and also gain the physical benefits. What an opportunity! ♥
Again, you are my hero. I think it would be so fun to do this! How neat that you are experiencing all that you are!
That's cool that you can work with the deaf person and start learning some more signs. That's cool that you can work at the gym too. You make a good instructor. There's a workout show on FIT TV, and that lady always makes me think of you. =)
I ALSO LOVE PILATES. It is awesome.
Post a Comment