This is amazing! My dad brought this to my attention. If you like what you read below, here is the link for the rest. http://www.news.com/2300-11393_3-6227089-1.html?tag=ne.gall.pg
"Researchers at the University of Washington in Seattle have developed a prototype contact lens that incorporates an imprinted electronic circuit and lights. The prototype is a step toward creating a form of bionic vision, the researchers say.The researchers say the flexible lens is biologically safe and was worn by rabbits for up to 20 minutes with no adverse effects. Along with a circuit, the prototype contains red LEDs for a display, though it does not yet light up. The display could potentially create a surface for Web surfing in midair, flash a vehicle's speed to a driver, or immerse someone in a virtual world, the university said. "
3 comments:
♥ Holy Cow! I don't know how I feel about that! Insane!
Yeah, I saw that last night too. How strange! I think it'd be really weird to see an image, or a show--ON your EYE. It seems like you would see all those little wires and they would be annoying. Like when I have a blurry in my eye, and makes it hard to see. It'd be hard to see through the circuit. Hahaha! People are becoming very inventive!
Isn't that just so weird?!! Hard to believe someone has figured out a way to put something so teeny tiny onto a contact lens!! Wow... if it'd been up to me and my intellect, we wouldn't have ever gotten past the stone age! hahaha :) I don't see how people can be so smart. It's truly amazing ....and a little scary.
♥
Post a Comment