Saturday evening we had our ethnic dinner. This month we did German. Glen went to Germany during one summer as an exchange student when he was in high school. For the dinner I made jumbo pretzels (thanks to a friend of a friends recipe off a blog I found while blog surfing) and I made German chocolate cake. Scot made sausages with with saurkraut and meatballs, Kristi made Rye bread and a really good tea.
Shari made a dish that had carrots, sliced apples, green beans and onions mixed with apple vinegar. Mark made a really good fruit pie. (don't have a photo of that, but it was pretty) and a noodle dish.
Whenever we have an ethnic dinner, who ever is in charge brings facts or tells us something interesting about the culture. It makes it fun....(when you can actually hear what they are saying ....)





4 comments:
That seems like such a fun family activity. Educational, too. You could do a tons of meals without a repeat! ummmm...good! :) ♥
♡ Another fun one!!! I think it's so great that you guys have family so close! :)
That sounds good. I always like the pictures of Ginger when she's just doing her own thing and doesn't look at the camera. Like when she's sticking her fork in her sippy cup. hehe!
Such a cool tradition! Looks yummy too!!!
Post a Comment