We had a fun weekend...better than last weekend when we were all sick.
Friday evening we went up to the lake for a campfire and fishing. Scot, Kristi and Troy met us up there.
We stayed pretty late telling stories and roasting marshmellows. Then, Saturday we rose up early to work in the family garden. The whole family was there except Mark (he hurt his back) and Liz (she's pregnant). It's fun working together and just being outdoors. I really enjoy being in the garden. Ginger did good out there. She just played in the dirt and walked around.
after working in the garden we got KFC (mountain food!) and drove up to Mt. Emily in search for some Morel mushrooms.
Despite finding only one mushroom between all us, it was still fun just being up in the mountain. Everything is so green and pretty now.





6 comments:
How Fun to go camp with family! The weather looked beautiful. Makes me want to take me kids up and take a ton of photographs of them.
Oooo, I like the pictures! I wanna go there. Very pretty. I just love the one of Ginger looking at that flower. Great job capturing that one Summer. That's a keeper for sure! ♥
♡ It's so beautiful up there! And sounds like a great time! I love that you guys have a family garden!!! :)
I have to agree with your mom on that one pic of Ginger sitting in the grass with the flower..Shes SO SO cute!! I just love watching little kids be so engrossed and concentrated on something!!
Hehe, what a cute picture of Ginger! I always smile so much when I look at your blog. It's as if she's just discovering that flower for the first time. I don't know about the mushroom part, but being outside in the mountains sounds like fun. Especially with good food!
Beautiful pictures! I too love the one of Ginger:) Looks like it was a GREAT day. Mushroom hunting was really popular in Iowa. I think it was morel's that they hunted too(?). I'm not much of a mushroom fan (like Holly I guess) but I would rather hunt mushrooms than anything live or moving and any excuse to be in those beautiful surroundings works for me!!
Post a Comment