Sunday, August 10, 2008

Huckle Berry and Apricot pickin'

We went up to the mountains and found an abundance of huckleberries. We picked and picked till we got tired. Then we came home and made huckleberry pancakes. They were so good! Especially with Nutella on them.

Our old apartment manager gave me a call to let me know the apricots on the tree were ready to be picked. So, saturday morning we drove over and picked a bunch. I made apricot freezer jam and it turned out so good...just like how my grandma made it. Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 cups chopped apricots
2 tbsp. lemon juice
5 1/2 c. gran. sugar
1 pkg fruit pectin
3/4c. water

Stir apricots, lemon juice and sugar together and let stand 10 minutes.
In saucepan, whisk pectin into water. Stir frequently. Bring to full rolling boil on med. high heat. boil hard for one minute. Add to fruit mixture and stir for 3 minutes. pour into containers and freeze.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Yay, Summer! You've been busy makin' good stuff. I'm not sure about the Nutella and huckleberries together but I'd be willing to try it. How nice to get free fruit! ♥

Kaela said...

yum and yum!

Ali said...

Nutella on pancakes!/? Genius. I always forget even about putting peanut butter on. YUM.

Are You Serious! said...

Looks like a lot of work and it looks so good! :)