Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nursery themes

So, I was browsing the internet looking for fun baby boy nursery themes. I was particularily searching for Jack and The Bean Stock fabric. It was hard to find. I came across this ladies blog that was showing off her bag she made out of this fabric. She said she bought it in Japan. I love this fabric! I think it is so cute and perfect for what I want. So I searched some more online and found another lady talking about this fabric on her website. She said she found it on the REtro Mummy Shop. So I went there but they didn't have it anymore. They did have a bunch more cute vintage fabrics though. So I gave up and then today I thought I would try looking online one more time.
I ran into Fancy Nancy Fabrics! What a fun place. She has this very fabric! The bad news is that it's expensive!! 31 bucks a yard! ouch!

So, with that I thought I would try searching for something less expensive and this is what I found on e-bay. Jack in the box fabric! I think it's pretty cute, but I still really like the Jack and the Bean Stock one better. ...hmmm. maybe for my birthday...or Jack's birthday...or Christmas. :)

Here is just another fabric from Fancy Nancy Fabrics that I thought was really cute!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Oh that jack fabric is cute! Too bad it was sold out. And that mushroom print is VERY CUTE! I may have to look for some of that cute goodness.

:)Rachel

Kaela said...

That Jack in the Beanstalk one is my favorite too. You got me curious to see what I could find- I love fabric, especially the vintage stuff. I thought this was kind of cute: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FAT-QUARTER-JACK-N-JILL-NURSERY-RHYME-THEME-ON-CREAM_W0QQitemZ280253188462QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL080805111a35754

Good luck! Sounds like fun:) I'm sure it is EXTRA fun in your very own new and beloved house!!

Did you see this too? It's on sale:) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10570689

Holly said...

oh, too bad you can't get that Jack and the beanstalk one. I like how the pictures tell the story. That mushroom one is pretty cute too! It makes me think of the smurfs.

Granma Faye said...

The jack in the box fabric is cute but I really like the brighter, bolder Jack and the Bean Stalk. Wow, so expensive! I didn't know fabric like that that's just a cotton weave would cost so much. Bummer. The little cow looks soooo cute! ♥

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

They are all very cute:)- I'm excited that you are having a boy- they are soo much fun (acting just like their daddy's ):0