Saturday, August 09, 2008

Riggins, Idaho!!!!!!

Last week Glen and I left Ginger with Gramma Chandler and we drove off to Riggins, Idaho. We missed Ginger so much! I cried when leaving her. The longest time I ever left her was when we took a day to go to the temple. It was good for us to get away though and have some fun time for just the two of us and be away from work.
We had so much fun!! The trip was really perfect. We have gone to raft down the Salmon River every year since we were engadged. (Glen used to be a raft guide) It's our favorite vacation spot!!
On Monday we had the whole day to ride our bikes and float down the river with just our life jackets on. Then on Tuesday Glen and I joined a group going down the river. It was so nice to have someone else be the guide so Glen and I could sit up front and face the big scary waves together . We enjoyed everyone on the boat and Glen even knew the guide back from his guiding/college days. That evening, we met the YW in town and showed them where our camp site was.

We took the Young Women down the River the next day (wednesday). They did really good paddling and keeping us from flipping. I sat in the back with Carma (YW's president). Glen is the one with the straw hat on. :)
Our first night in Riggins, we rode our bikes into town to grab some dinner.

(25 weeks along!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. Glad everything went well for you. I'm glad we didn't go though - if we had gone with you, we'd never have gotten the house cleaning done. Must clean the house, ya know.

Granma Faye said...

Right. Speak for yourself, Dave Bennett! I WISH we'd been there. That river scene is REALLY beautiful! Whoa, and the rafting picture looks SCARY! How fun. Love it! Love it! Love it! Glen looks very satisfied. Good food, good company, fun time. Doesn't get better than that. Glad you had a great time. Nice pic, Sum, baby and all. :) ♥

Are You Serious! said...

How fun! That's so hard to leave them for the first time... Especially that long! :)

Looks like you guys had a blast though! :)