We have been so busy harvesting our five family size garden! Glen and I like to get a load of corn or peas and just sit and process them while watching Smallville.
Last week we went to Glens' sisters to can tomatoe soup. We used the applesauce maker to make the soup. That made it go so much easier! I'll be glad when all the garden stuff is done.
We finally gave in and bought a freezer from Sears to keep all our food from the garden in. I knew the sale at sears was over, so I went online and printed out the online sale for the same freezer. I took it to Sears and they let me have the freezer for the online sale price! :) yeah!
I'm so excited to have a freezer. Now I want to make a bunch of casserole dishes to have on hand for after I have Jack.
Of course, the first thing we stocked up on was..Tilamook Ice-cream! It just happened to be on sale too! YUM!!





8 comments:
Thats a great idea to buy a freezer:) Good job with the gardening- looks like it is paying off!!!
We bought ourselves a new freezer last year after going about a year without one when ours broke. I didn't realize how much I missed it until we got the new one. With 7people in our family a freezer is a must!
:)Rachel
Oh, how I wish we had an extra freezer...or even a place to put it! Congratulations!! (way to find the deal too)
Oh, that looks good, Summer! It's about the size of the one we got from Grandma. It's perfect for a little family. You'll never be sorry you bought it and you went about getting it in a smart way. Go, Summer! : ) ♥
That is awesome!!! We got one for Christmas. I love it. I totally made a few things to eat after Wyatt came. It is a great idea.
I love my extra freezer and would go crazy without it! How exciting and just in time. :)
Oh that's nice! I would like to do that too! I always thought it was cool when people had an extra freezer and it was full of meat and extra ice cream. That's great for food storage! ...now I wish I had corn in my garden too!
Ditto to Ali's comment! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment