Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finally done!

All last week I've been staying up till midnight working on this quiet book. It was actually a relief society activity a year and a half ago that I missed out on, so I just bought the directions packet and have kept it in my closet since. I finally decided to just do and and get it done before Jack comes. I finished the front and back cover just last night! Recognize the characters? That's Rainbow Brite's friend and the Sprite is paddling the boat. :)
Ginger already really likes this book. The clock page is one of my favorites. I just like how it turned out.
Here's a few more samples of the pages I did. (I tried to make a collage with all the pages, but only half the picture would show up in each little square. )
Here is the back cover. I think it turned out pretty cute. I do like the front cover better. I'm going to order some 4" rings to replace the yarn with. No one here has rings big enough.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

It turned out cute! I still have all my stuff sitting in the envelope it came in. One of these days I'll get it done.

:)Rachel

Wendy Jean said...

That is so cute! You did a good job with the artwork. I wish I could draw like you. It is probably one of the best quiet books I've seen! Fun!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Thats a great idea! I love it! I have been trying to find something like that! Especially for church...Never thought about making it though!

Ali said...

I am making one of these with some girls in my ward and LOVING it...I forgot how much fun coloring is! It's been so long. You have some really cute pages!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Very cute! You did a great job! :)

Granma Faye said...

Nice quiet book. I love that clock page. Looks like a fun thing for Ginger. Knowing how she likes books, she's bound to love this one where she can do stuff with it. You've been busy, Summer. I'm sure you're feeling the time crunch, now, with Jack coming very soon. The weeks go by so fast! It's nice you could get this little project done. Looks cute. ♥

The Muries said...

That turned out way cute!!! Way to go. I really need to finish mine.

Holly said...

Fun! I want to make a quiet book too! Greg and I would have fun playing with it during sacrament meeting. hehehe!