Thursday, October 09, 2008

Getting Ready!

Now that we have a freezer, I wanted to fill it with dinners so I don't have to worry about making them after Jack comes.
I looked at Walmart for frezer safe caserole dishes and they didn't have 'em. I found these small ones at the dollar store in a 3-pack. So I bought up a bunch and spent all day making scalloped potatoes, lasagna, chicken enchiladas and a broccelli chicken casserole. On monday I made up a bunch of spaghetti sauce to freeze too. Now I feel better prepared!

Ta Da!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

WOW! Summer you have been a busy woman! Looks great. Now how are all those sisters going to bring you dinner after Jack comes if your so prepared? ;) ALl your meals sound so yummy. ANd love your new fall look! SO festive you are!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ The freezer is so organized too! Way to go you! Glen will be thanking your for weeks! :)

Granma Faye said...

Good job getting that freezer all stocked up. Wow...looks very tidy and organized and ready for the new arrival. That's so nice. How convenient for you or Glen to just grab something for dinner. You have been VERY busy. I was wondering since I haven't heard much from you. I love the new blog header and side strips! ♥

Wendy Jean said...

Good job, Sum! I'm feeling like stocking my freezer too with some of our favorite meals. I'm feeling that nesting stage - get everything ready before I get too big and tired to do it!

Holly said...

Wow! That's cool! I wish I could do that! I'm trying to make room in my freezer for things from the garden, and pizza sauce I'm making from the garden tomatoes. I had to eat the last ice cream sandwich yesterday to make room for some zucchini...
That will be really nice to have all those dinners! I bet Glen is glad too =)

Ali said...

Way to go- that is A LOT of work. It will definitely pay off though! Hooray!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

Look at you Miss prepared! Thats great! It feels better to have your second since you know what to expect pretty much and you can be better prepared!

Our Deli-Sub said...

Good Job! I don't know if you have a cash and carry close to you but they sell the throw away caserol dishes with lids in a lot of different sizes.

Anonymous said...

Wow Summ, you really have become Suzie Homemaker! Im jealous!