Thursday, October 09, 2008

Leavenworth

For our anniversary, we left Ginger with Gramma and Grandpa and drove up to Wenatchee on Friday. We stayed a nice hotel there for under $100. (I got lucky. I waited till the last minute to reserve and everyone was booked full! due to Octoberfest I didn't think we would get a place to stay). Anyway, we had super good pizza and bread pudding at the Applewood Cottage in Wenatchee. After dinner we walked around town and then went swimming at the hotel.
The next morning, we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and then drove up 15 minutes to Leavenworth.
This is just a picture off from a side road that we took on the way. The trees were so pretty!

Leavenworth is such a pretty town! We had fun looking through all the little shops. Our favorite was the Cheese Monger shop!! That was our highlight of the trip. I love cheese. We got some applewood smoked cheese to take home with us. So GOod!!!!!! We also bought some fudge and sausages! yum!
Leavenworth is the perfect place to go when you don't have much time to getaway. We got home Saturday night at a nice time..not tooo late.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Wow it's so pretty there! How nice to get away before you little man gets here. Glad you had a great trip.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love Leavenworth... I love the fall colors... Happy Anniversary!!!

Granma Faye said...

Gorgeous pics, Summer. I love the trees with their many colors. So beautiful. Looks like a nice little get-away that I'm sure went way too fast. Glad you could do it, though, and had a good time. Really makes me want to get out of town! NOW! Did you stay at the pretty looking stone cottage? Is that Applewood Cottage? I wanna go there. Looks so relaxing and quaint.

Holly said...

Oh, that does look like a nice place to go. I've never been, but I've seen lots of pretty pictures like the ones you took. Greg and I will have to go sometime. I'm glad you guys could go do something fun together. It's nice to have time for just the two of you to play and be friends.

Ali said...

Those colors are BEAUTIFUL. So pretty!! What a nice getaway.