Friday, October 10, 2008
Your Baby Can Read!
I just learned about this program that teaches babies to read. I went to the website www.yourbabycanread.com and watched the free demos and video about the man behind this program. Now I'm a believer and am excited to get Ginger started! I had Ginger watch the free demo too and she sat and watched the whole thing. I know she was paying attention because she would point to her nose when she heard the word 'nose' etc. So cute! Ginger loves books already, so I think she will enjoy this program. Just the other day I decided to go check on her because she was very quiet. I peeked in her room and she was sitting in her little rocking chair 'reading' a book to her baby doll. Such a good girl! Now I want to go make signs and put them all over the house to help her learn to recognize words with objects.
Has anyone else heard this program or tried it out?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
It is exciting to think of your child learning to read at an early age. However (dads always come up with the "howevers") there is a significant difference between learning to read by recognizing a word (the whole word method) and by using phonics. Kids who learn by the whole word method do not learn how to sound-out words they haven't seen before. All the kids in my school learned to read with phonics and had a much higher literacy and comprehension rate than kids today who learn from the whole word method. However, I do not know if there is any harm in teaching the whole word method when they are very young as long as you graduate to the phonics method when they are able to grasp the concept of "spelling" a word.
I also wanted to say how much I like your blog colors and background and banner. Really nice!
Hey that's cool! I want to do that for my kids. That's neat that she was paying attention and knew to point to her nose. I bet she'll be a smart girl and learn to read quickly.
Thta looks like a great program- How old is the child supposed to be when you start? I think this program would help them out in the long run no matter whaT!
I haven't heard of this program, but Tyler used to love the LeapFrog Letter Factory DVD's. There are 4 or 5 now and a couple for numbers too - when Ty was watching them there was 3. But he would watch them over and over. And he was reading at 3 (as his Sunbeam teacher said "oh he can read read" after Tyler read what the lesson was going to be about from the open manual on the table the first Sunday he was in class). Had a neice who did the same thing (that is where I got the idea from). I think it depends on the kid though. SiSi had no interest in it - but that could have been that Ty thought he need to correct her all the time - and that she needed to sit and watch the whole series. Sisi doesn't sit still well. She lost interest pretty fast. Kenzie is just getting into them. But she had just barely started talking and she started naming the letters on signs and in books and stuff.
Post a Comment