Monday, November 17, 2008

52 pounds later...

Here I am at my popping point..any day now....ANY DAY! I really hate wearing anything but a bathrobe at this point. I'm so ready to lose some weight so I can fit into some clothes and sit in them without feeling like the seams are going to split!
The other night I took my socks off and there was a big bump from the sock line to my leg. I could see the whole sock pattern on my ankle. Not only do my clothes feel too tight, but my face does too..especially if I smile. I'll be glad when the swelling goes down.

With all the contractions that I've had and plugs...yes PLUGS that I've lost (I read that if you lose a plug, you keep making more so you can have more than one to lose) I've been thinking each night "Maybe this is the night I'll have the baby!". But day after day I find myself waking up in my own bed instead of a hospital bed.
My next appointment is tomorrow (monday 3:45pm!). I was going to try and set up an accupressure massage appointment since that is what got me into labor with Ginger the night before I was scheduled to be induced, but I decided to save the money and be induced instead...also because I couldn't find anyone that had much experience in doing that kind of massage. I just hope I won't have to wait much longer to be induced. Last week I had my membranes stripped. I know..it's sounds like a painful bad thing, but it wasn't too bad. I think that's why I had so many contractions and I think it helped the baby drop more. I was just hoping it would kick start labor...not just the pre-labor/lightening stage. I guess the baby just wasn't ready though.
I was still just a 2 at my last appointment so we'll see if there is any change tomorrow! I'm crossing my fingers!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kaela said...

Yay another 50 pounder club member! Oh I hope your little boy decides to come soon- it sounds like you are so uncomfortable:( I didn't know your body could make more plugs- that seems a little unfair when you feel like you are ready to go. I had to have my membranes stripped three times I think! I'll be praying for you to go in soon and for everything to go well! Exciting!!

The Muries said...

Wow I had no clue about the plugs things. Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I hate the part of pregnancy that you are at because I just want to get done. Good luck!

Ali said...

That baby is too comfortable in there! You've made a nice home for him...little does he know, you have an even better home for him outside! Good luck when the time actually comes...I can't wait to see the delivery post (I'm sure you are even MORE anxious:)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I did know that there could be more than one either! I thought I was going crazy cause I could have sworn I'd lost mine and then it happened again so I figured I really didn't!

I've had my membranes stripped before too and it didn't hurt like I've heard either! I hope he comes soon for your sake! You're so cute pregnant! :)

Ethatch said...

I remember thinking those same thoughts at night ('maybe tomorrow I'll wake up in the hospital') when your friend Kaela arrived about 5 days past her due date! So I feel for ya! The good news was that when she did decide to come, she was QUICK--about a 4 hour labor and delivery, the doctor almost didn't make it in time. And she was the most painless of all my deliveries--So maybe there's a silver lining there for you too! Hang in there cute little momma, and good luck!
Marge

Anonymous said...

Good grief. I'm so glad I decided to be a boy. I just can't imagine going through that.

Holly said...

Haha, Dad's funny. Maybe I should have decided to be a boy too. Now I'm understanding very well why you wanted to have the baby when we were there. I see how stupid my question sounded now. (I've never heard of having you "membranes stripped." That doesn't sound like anything that could be good...)

Holly said...

I thought it was funny how your baby countdown went back to another week and day to go. Like now it's counting forward instead of backward. Do you just have to go another 9 months now? Heehhe!

Granma Faye said...

Ugh...looking at that picture makes my stomach hurt! Can it stretch any bigger?!!! This little boy better be super cute...which I'm sure he will be! I just hope he's not a 10-pounder
like someone else's baby we know. :) ♥

Angela said...

You totally don't look like you gained 50 pounds. Also congrats! I just heard about Jack!! :) I hope you are both doing good.