Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wolf Creek Reservoir


This weekend Glen went camping with some of his buddies and then went ice fishing here at Wolf Creek Reservoir. He came home Saturday and told me all the fun he had and how pretty it was to be out at Wolf Creek. I had never seen ice fishing before (except on Bones) and had never been to Wolf Creek. So, we decided to pack up some goodies and hot chocolate and go for a Sunday drive before church since it was so pretty outside.




It was only about a thirty minute drive. We got there, unloaded and went down on the ice.
It was about two feet thick! We met some really nice ice fishers that let us watch them catch fish.



(picture above is looking down at the reservoir and our ice fishing friends)









This is how they drill the hole in the ice. They use what is called an Ice Ogger (not sure if I spelled that right)




He caught a fish!
The people were fun to visit with and were so friendly. They even sent us home with three fish! We ate the fish for dinner tonight and it was so good!
I told them I would post their pictures and videos so they could seem them. :)
(Thankyou for the fish!! )
We got more out of our sunday drive than we expected. :)







Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ It's beautiful there! Jack looks so cute with his warm outfit! The ice fishing looks so cold! :)

Wendy Jean said...

That's cool Sum. The area looks really pretty with all that snow. Wonder what Gingi thought. :)

Gail said...

Jack is so cute! I loved the pic of his tongue sticking out! Ice fishing looked like fun but I have to admit I wouldn't find eating the fish as much fun - I hate fish, yuck! All the more power to you for enjoying it though!! ~ Gail

Teija said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun out there, I love taking sunday drives!

Ethatch said...

Beautiful pictures Summer---however just looking at them and knowing there's water underneath makes me cold and nervous sitting here in my cozy chair! Little Jack (Pic's above) is such a cutie too! I love this blogging world to keep in touch with friends!
Marge

Granma Faye said...

Oooh, that looks so cold! Wow, I can't believe the ice is that thick! I feel like Marge...I'm nervous having you stand on that ice over water. Of course, you're fine but still...just knowing there's water under there. ugh... ♥

Kaela said...

How fun!! I LOVE Jack's little bear jumper! I have never been ice fishing- it looks so cold! I can see how it would be fun though... especially with hot chocolate:) Your hair is getting long!