I just got back from visiting Wendy down in Texas. I brought both kids with me and to my relief they were super good on the plane. Jack didn't even cry! Ginger got lots of attention from the other passengers and flight attendants. The other passengers helped the time go by quickly for Gingi.
It was so good to see Wendy and her family and to finally meet little Heidi. This visit was unlike others simply because there were two babies to take care of and wake us up at nights. We still had fun doing the daily tasks together..laundry, nursing, preparing meals, nursing, changing diapers, nursing, getting groceries etc. We did manage to find some play time as I dislayed in the collage above. ;) I also got to try out the netti pot and boy does that work!!!! I was completely stuffed up and couldn't breathe through my nose and after using the netti pot, I could breathe clearly for a few hours! (I now own a netti pot)
Dustin stayed with the kids at night so we could go out for a few hours. We went to the new sephora store and had fun playing with make-up. WE also went to Teacher Heaven Store. What a fun place. It makes me want to be a teacher just to use all the stuff there. I got some alphabet letters to put up in the kids room and some felt characters to play with on a flannel board that I hope to make very soon.
It was just fun to be with my sister and her family. It was fun to be with her boys and see their developing personalities. They are fun kids and each one is unique. They were so sweet with Ginger and so good about including her at play. She's been asking about them since we've come home. :( I wish they all didn't live so far away! I miss you guys! :(
It was so good to see Wendy and her family and to finally meet little Heidi. This visit was unlike others simply because there were two babies to take care of and wake us up at nights. We still had fun doing the daily tasks together..laundry, nursing, preparing meals, nursing, changing diapers, nursing, getting groceries etc. We did manage to find some play time as I dislayed in the collage above. ;) I also got to try out the netti pot and boy does that work!!!! I was completely stuffed up and couldn't breathe through my nose and after using the netti pot, I could breathe clearly for a few hours! (I now own a netti pot)
Dustin stayed with the kids at night so we could go out for a few hours. We went to the new sephora store and had fun playing with make-up. WE also went to Teacher Heaven Store. What a fun place. It makes me want to be a teacher just to use all the stuff there. I got some alphabet letters to put up in the kids room and some felt characters to play with on a flannel board that I hope to make very soon.
It was just fun to be with my sister and her family. It was fun to be with her boys and see their developing personalities. They are fun kids and each one is unique. They were so sweet with Ginger and so good about including her at play. She's been asking about them since we've come home. :( I wish they all didn't live so far away! I miss you guys! :(


5 comments:
I see you're up to your old tricks, Summer! You guys are so goofy but so fun. Glad you took time out from mothering and just played around and laughed and enjoyed each other. I love seeing that. It was good for you both. Great pictures and thanks so much for posting them! ♥
You guys crack me UP!!! Love the pictures! :)
Hahaha! Sure you guys were busy. It looks like you had an awful lot of time to play! Hahaha!
WOW you sure have been busy,VISITING and then BLOGGING. That is so much fun that you got to go visit Wendy and then Holly and your folks this weekend. IT is always fun to get to spend time with family. I can't believe how HUGE those hail balls are! Your kiddos look very cute in all their pictures. You should check out the pics I took for Kristy of Taylor on my photo blog. I'd love to be able to take pics of your kiddos sometime.
You and Wendy are cracking me up in these pictures! I want to come and play:) It looks like you guys were definitely able to recapture that "kid again" feeling- so FUN!!! I had a bad sinus infection recently and familiarized myself with the netti pot as well- it sure is a neat little tool!
Post a Comment