Wednesday, May 20, 2009

W.W.U.S.S.

We ran into Edward the vampire!

On The ferry over to Seattle, my mom and I paired up and my dad and Glen paired up to take a survery. The W.W.U.S.S. Western Washington Umbrella Society Survey. This all came about because of a discussion Glen and I had on the long road trip up to Bremerton. Glen thought that most people in washington don't use an umbrella and I disagreed, so after talking to my parents about it, we all decided it would be fun to do a survey and see who was actually right.

We walkend down the isles with our paper in hand asking people if they used an umbrella. Some didn't even own an umbrella and a few said that their umbrellas were stolen and a couple (women) kept mini umbrellas in a ziplock in their purse at all times. The fun part was when people asked if this was a "for real survey" and we would say "Yes, and if you want to join and be a WWUSS (wus) too there is a joining fee of $5.00" hahahh no, we didn't take anyone's money and we ended up explaining that this was all for a bet. Well, Glen won the bet. 35 people said they do use an umbrella and 72 people said they don't. and more women use an umbrella than men do.

It was a little embarrasing getting this picture with so many people walking by, but we got a lot of laughs from it.
Don't I look like such the tourist! My mom and both loved this sign. "Shop here and get Free Chocolate!" They must be desperate for business.
A while ago we saw on the travel channel a special on restaurants and the Crab Pot was on there. They made it looks so fun and good to go, so we went. What a rip off! They dump a bunch of seafood in hte middle of the table and by the time you crack teh crab open all the other fish is cold and chewy. Fun environment but that's it! I'm glad we could experience it for ourselves, but we'll never go back!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Holly said...

AH HA HA HA HAHAAHahahhahhhaah!
You crazy girls! I can't believe you took those crazy pictures with Edward. Hahahhaha! I would never do that, even if you told me to! HAhahahah! I'm glad you and mom could have fun together. That's so funny about the umbrella survey too. Haha, you should have taken their money...if they were stupid enough to give it to you then they deserve to loose it...Ok, I wouldn't have taken it either, but that's a funny scam. That's funny that some ladies keep an umbrella in a zip lock bag in their purse. I feel like it's too much trouble to carry around an umbrella, and getting wet is much less of a problem then having an umbrella to keep track of.
Mom told me about the fish crap pot. I'm mean crab pot. That's too bad it wasn't that good. I'm afraid I'd be grossed out and not be able to eat it. I love crab, but breaking it up and pulling it all apart is just not appetizing for me.
Also I love that picture of Ginger on the ferry (in the middle box of your collage of pictures.) She's looking so grown up. (Now I really sound like an aunt.) "Look how BIG you are." Hahaha! I hate it when people would tell me I look big.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Those pics with Edward are Awesome:) I'm proud of you guys for doing it:) It's soo fun to just be a tourist in Seattle and try out everything again. Sad to hear that you guys didn't like the Crabpot- Dave & I love it:( Maybe it was a bad day!

Kaela said...

I am SO glad you did that survey!!! I worked with a girl from Seattle awhile ago and she claimed NO native Washingtonians carried umbrellas, but I begged to differ. I'm sad that no umbrellas won the contest, but I'm glad I'm not the only Washingtonian that would ever carry an umbrella around. I love the Edward pictures too- you guys are soo fun/funny:)

Granma Faye said...

Weren't we silly? But wasn't it fun? Who could resist Edward's neck? hahahaha.... Such a fun day and such great weather for wandering around on the waterfront. I love Seattle when the weather's nice!

Elizabeth C said...

LoL, are you trying to bite Edward? Isn't he supposed to bite you instead? I love your Twilight Homage on your sidebar. Very cute.

Rachel Berry said...

See I would be standing next to
Mc Dreamy instead of Edward...... :) Cute pics & sounds like such a fun trip!!