The guys just finished up a remodel job and don't start their next job for another week and a half, so ambitous Glen and his brothers are doing all they can to get the most done on our house during this little break between jobs.
They are moving along pretty quickly. Glen hopes they can get the walls up and trusses on with sheeting before the next job starts.
This is what the sill plate looks like. They pour the concrete foundation and footing and then put a layer of foam pad as a vapor barrier between the treated wood (which is the sill plate). This is what keeps the house from blowing away. They nail the walls to the sill plate which is screwed onto the concrete footing. This all might be boring for you, but I think it's interesting and helps me understand what I'm drawing when making up the house plans.





6 comments:
Go, Chandler guys! That's so good to see the progress. Maybe you WILL get into the house by September. That would be so nice to move before winter. ♥
Woohoo!! Hope you will get many more window of opportunities and be in your house before you know it!
That's cool they can work on it some more. Greg said, "Wow, look at those joists!" when I showed him this post. He is very impressed that you are using that size board for the floors..."It will make a good quality floor that doesn't squeek or bend"...says Greg.
♥ I think it's very interesting too! :)
So fun that you are getting your house framed up!
I bet that is so fun to watch!! How exciting! The sooner the better right?? :)
Post a Comment