Thursday, July 02, 2009

Ride with your mouth Shut!

After putting the kids to bed last night, I went out on a bike ride. The warm fresh air and riding out in the country was wonderful except for the Flies! I was sure to spray bug spray all over before heading out but it seemed to have the opposite affect. It made those little buggers stick all over me! I came home with 27 flies stuck to me. The funny thing is that the majority of them stuck to my right arm! I felt several stick to my lips and many more hit my ears and chin.
I am now on the search for a face shield. I wish I had my old one from work. That would be perfect!

I swallowed two flies last Saturday when Glen let me go out riding while he watched the kids. It was great! It was the first time I've gone out on my bike without towing a trailer and kid since Ginger was born! Now I want to go every evening after kids are in bed. I am just loving this weather! now,, where can I get a face shield?

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Granma Faye said...

Summer, I have one at my office that might work. You can look at it when you're here. It's supposed to protect my face from splashes. It's very light weight and if I remember right it's supposed to be disposable. I guess you can tell I don't use it. I don't seem to be in a situation that requires it. I'll bring it home for you to see.
: ) ♥

Anonymous said...

Just wear a ski mask and some dark glasses. That will solve all your problems.

Ethatch said...

Not fun! We have an overabundance of mosquitos here this summer. What's going on Eastern ORegon?

Holly said...

Hhahaha! That sounded so funny how you said that you swallowed two flies when you went on your bike ride, and then said, "It was great!" It sounds like swallowing the flies was great. Hahaha! I wonder what would work good for you shielding your face...

Kaela said...

Bleck!! You swallowed two flies?! And to have them stick to your arm like that. I'm glad it hasn't deterred you to much from enjoying a good ride:) I hope you find a face shield and can enjoy your rides that much more!!

Ali said...

I have to say, I would do quite the double take if I saw a bicyclist riding with a face shield! Although, minus the face shield, you'd fit right in here in Irvine...it's bicycle city galore- EVERYONE bikes!

I think it's great that you're finding time to get out on your own...I should do that some.