Monday, July 06, 2009

Our 4th

We had a really nice weekend. It started with us celebrating that we had the house to ourselves this weekend by barbequing hamburgers and just having really good food all weekend. woohoo!
Saturday, we drove up Starkey and road our bikes 20 miles down to Hillgaurd. The weather was perfect and it was such a pretty ride!! We didn't want it to end. Jack and Ginger did really well together in the trailer. Ginger 'read' Jack stories and helped him with his binkie when it fell out.


Once we got to Hillgaurd, we hopped in the river to cool off and then Glen fired up the grill for Hot Dogs and S'mores! Yum!
( there was this lady there that just stared at us for a really long time and then finally asked me why I knew so much about her. I told her I didn't know anything about her. Then she asked my name (I didn't tell her my real name) and told us hers was Linda. It was kinda creepy the way she just stood like a soldier staring at us. We had seen her early on our bike ride up the mountain. She just stood and stared at us as we road past her. I think the lights were on but nobody was home or something.)

For our 4th of July dinner, we didn't do our traditional hamburgers, potoatoe salad, black berry pie etc. ( we did that sunday instead).
We were in the mood for Sushi! We made our own california rolls and salmon stacks! So GOOD!!! After that, we did some sparklers with Ginger. After the kids went to bed then Glen and I went back out to do a few more firecrackers. I think Glen's favorite part was chasing me with four lighted sparklers down our street in flip flops.
When Glen and I were dating, we did this very same thing for our 4th of July. It started with a bike ride (mountain biking) and then swimming and then fireworks.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Holly said...

That first picture is so cute with Jack and Ginger in the trailer together. It looks like Ginger is getting really good at being the "big sister" and enjoying it too!

That lady sounds weird. Why did she think you knew so much about her? Haha, what a weird-o. I would have told her my name was something like "Bladdo." (That was Max's imaginary friend.) hahhah!

Jack looks so cute on the blanket. I wish I could just pick him up and hold him! Those s'mores look good too! I can't believe it---I didn't make any s'mores on our camping trip! Not even one! I kept thinking I would later, and then suddenly it was the morning of our last day. I'll make s'mores this weekend for sure on the raft trip.

Greg will be jealous of your sushi night! He loves doing that. We haven't found any friends that like to do that, so we almost never have it. (I don't like the raw fish kind...it makes me feel icky in my stomach.)

Kaela said...

Bike ride + swimming + fireworks?!?! Sounds pretty perfect to me! Looks like you had a GREAT holiday weekend- just fun, easy going, yummy, and getting to enjoy the beauuuutiful outdoors! I love your cooking adventures too- you guys make some fun stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Nice weekend! The water looks so inviting.

Granma Faye said...

Sounds like you all had a great week-end. Ginger and Jack look cozy in that bike trailer. That's cute they can ride in there and be happy. It's so nice to be outdoors with them.

Gee, that strange woman proves that small towns have their share of weirdos, too. I'm glad you made your blog private.

Fun stuff, Summer, and fun pictures. ♥

Ali said...

Sushi night?! That stuff is quite tedious to make...some friends of ours invited us over one night for it- it was fun, though! Yours looks great!!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

That sounds like an Amazing 4th of July!!!! All the food is making my mouth water- I like Sushi!!

The Muries said...

wow looks like you guys had a blast!

Carrissa Hellewell said...

I can't believe you saw Whitney!! How totally cool!Sounds like you guys have been busy as well! I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by! Your kids are so cute I LOVE the one of Jack at the stock thing in Pendleton!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That looks like so much fun! :)