I don't know if you guys remember me making this same diaper bag (just different fabric) about this time of year last year, but Glen told me it looked like it came from Zimbabwe. So, I decided with the next baby I wanted a more cutsie bag and I just love the cherry fabric!!
one of the upgrades I made was to use the magnetic closure instead of velcro. I have a hard time sewing velcro. The needle just gets too gummed up!
That bag turned out really good! I like the cherries a lot, and the white with cherries inside looks really good. I like that the bag kind of has shape, and the pocket inside with elastic looks cool. That looks like something professional made! Good job!
That is so nice, Summer. I love the print. The white interior is a great contrast and so cute in its coordinating cherry print. Good job! But, I still liked the other bright "Zimbabwe" bag last year, too.
Sounds like you mistakenly used the adhesive-backed velcro when you tried sewing it. That will definitely be hard to sew and, yes, the needle picks up the adhesive and then won't slide through the fabric smoothly. There is just plain velcro and it can be stitched easily. I made the same mistake one time, inadvertantly picking up the wrong type. Then I had to wipe my needle down with Goo-Gone. ♥
Great job on the diaper bag- soo cute!!! Would you ever consider making a bag to sell to me??? I would love one that looks kind-of like your middle tan blog background??? If not- don't worry at all- I just love the one you made!!!
5 comments:
That bag turned out really good! I like the cherries a lot, and the white with cherries inside looks really good. I like that the bag kind of has shape, and the pocket inside with elastic looks cool. That looks like something professional made! Good job!
That is so nice, Summer. I love the print. The white interior is a great contrast and so cute in its coordinating cherry print. Good job! But, I still liked the other bright "Zimbabwe" bag last year, too.
Sounds like you mistakenly used the adhesive-backed velcro when you tried sewing it. That will definitely be hard to sew and, yes, the needle picks up the adhesive and then won't slide through the fabric smoothly. There is just plain velcro and it can be stitched easily. I made the same mistake one time, inadvertantly picking up the wrong type. Then I had to wipe my needle down with Goo-Gone. ♥
Great job on the diaper bag- soo cute!!! Would you ever consider making a bag to sell to me??? I would love one that looks kind-of like your middle tan blog background??? If not- don't worry at all- I just love the one you made!!!
I LOVE your diaper BAG! So adorable and CUTE!
I love the cherries!!! I always wanted to do my kitchen in them!!! :)
Post a Comment