Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmas 2009


We had a really nice Christmas. We went to the in-laws christmas eve for snacks and singing and then spent the Christmas day at our house with just our little family.
Ginger loves the doctor set she got and immediately wanted to play doctor with Jack. Jack caught on right away to what was going grabbed his stocking and started walking off with it.

I adopted the Wells tradition and recipe for cinnamon rolls during the christmas season. They turned out the best this year!
Christmas morning I went into the office to get the camera and was so surprised and confused at what I found!  A piano!  It kind of looks like the one my parents have and I first thought that maybe they were here.  When I realized they weren't, I wondered how it got there.  I learned that my sneaky dad got Glen to be a part of this surprise.  My dad shipped the keyboard to the in-laws house and then my brother-in-law delivered to our house at night and then Glen assembled it all by himself. 
I haven't played in a year and to play again has been so fun!  ..especially  now that none of the keys stick and everything works right.  Thanks Dad!
We left rice Krispie treats out for Santa and my dad wrote a letter to the kids 'from Santa' for them to find in the morning. I thought Ginger would be so excited about this but she was more concerned about the treats that Santa didn't finish off. ahhahahahhah (next year dad, I think she'll be more into it.)

We had Christmas with Glen's side of the family earlier this week. We all made a tasty dish and it turned out to be a pretty good meal!
I had Kristis' name this year so I made her an apron. For Glen's parents, I made a book with their cruise pictures in it and a calendar with all the families birthday on it.




Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas. Your home looks so nice.

Thanks to Glen, his brother and parents for helping out with the sneaky plan. That was fun.

Granma Faye said...

Summer, the pictures look wonderful--especially the cinnamon rolls! hehehe
No, really, everything looks so nice and I'm so glad you Dad & Glen and everyone could pull off the surprise for you. Dad could hardly stand the anticipation! That stocking you made for Jack looks beautiful. Can't see the print real well but I remember you said you'd make a "Jack in the Beanstock" one. I recognize the Mr. and Mrs. Snowman candles and the salt and pepper shakers! : ) Nice!

Granma Faye said...

Oops, I should have checked my comment before hitting "publish" since I have a "you" in the wrong place above. Oh well.... also, I just wanted to say that your cinnamon rolls looks a ton better than the couple I bought at the bakery. Ours hardly had any cinnamon in them and they were too bready.

ALSO: the baby name vote on your side bar looks so similar to the other one you had there that I wonder if anyone will notice there's different choices, now. I vote for "Kaela". It has special significance! : )

Holly said...

Oh, I'm glad Mom pointed out the baby name vote. I didn't notice before. I like Kaela and Jillian the same.
It looks like you had a fun Christmas! The kids are so cute, and I love that picture of Jack with his stocking. Haha, he catches on fast! (Haha, and maybe next year you should just leave a few crumbs on the plate so Ginger's not so worried about that part. Hahaha) And is that a cool stove you got for canning I saw? Neat! Now you can do you very own canning! Fun!

Holly said...

And you'd better practice the piano now that you have a nice one! Hehehe!

Ali said...

Oh, how wonderful for you to resurrect an old talent at home! I'm SO jealous of your piano...not that I can play anywhere near the skill level you do, but I want to learn and take lessons! Looks like the kiddos and everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe how soon your family will be a fam of FIVE. Wow.