Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birth Story

I went in to the hospital on saturday for a stress test that the doctor ordered. While there I dilated from a 2 to a 3 and started have strong contractions every 5-6 minutes. How conveniant right?! So once they decided to keep me there, I called Glen and had him get the kids to grammas and gather all the things he needed to stay with me here and grab my hospital bag.

I figured I would have the baby sometime that night. Wrong! With strong contractions every 5 minutes and sometimes slowing to every 9 minutes and then back to 5 minutes, it took me from 2pm saturday till after 4am sunday to dilate to a 4! I figured since I was going so slow, there would be plenty of time for an epidural. But then plans quickly took a turn when a nurse came in a broke my water without warning. All of a sudden things were in chaos and 35 minutes later Gretchen Faye was born. That was the most intense 35 minutes of my life! fewf! glad that is over!!!! The doctor came just in time to stitch me up. ugh!
Gretchen surprised us all by weighing a pound more than calculated. Here are the facts!

Gretch Faye Chandler
born: Sunday March 14th 4:45am
weight: a wopping 8 lbs 9 oz.

She was born blue due to the cord wrapped around her neck. (scary!)

Look at all that hair! What a contrast to Ginger. (Ginger had practically black hair. Jack had none) and Gretchen has blonde/light brown.

We love our little Gretchen! I feel so attatched to her. I don't like having her away from me. I love all her little squeaks and baby sounds she makes.

We got home yesturday around 1pm. It's nice to be home again and ease back into things. Glen is going to bring Jack and Ginger home after work. They've been with gramma ever since saturday night.

I'm so grateful for such good friends and the relief society and grammas. They have all shown their love and concern and support through phone calls, dinners and 'attempted' visits. Even though I didn't answer my phone until starting today, I appreciate the messages left.
(sorry to those who called to visit. I just wasn't ready to talk to anyone yet.)



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh she looks so precious! I can't wait to hold that little baby. She's going to look like Ginger, too. Too Cute!

Wendy Jean said...

Oh!! I wish I could hold her! She's so little! I love all that hair. Congratulations!!

tchutchins said...

YEAH!! she is here! She is so cute, looks so much like Ginger! Call when you are up for visitors!

Granma Faye said...

Cooot cooot Baby!!! Such a sweet little fuzzy head. Lots of hair! I'm so glad you got pictures posted!!! Thank-you, Summer. Hug that baby and rock-a-bye her!

Unknown said...

Very cute!!! Love the hair. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Holly said...

Ohhhh, she's cute! She has so much pretty hair too! I love her cute little baby body, all curled up in your arms! I bet she and Ginger will be good friends because they are close in age. (Like you and Wendy) Jack too...
Now Jack isn't the baby anymore!
I'm excited to meet her in real life! Maybe sometime this summer? (Hopefully we don't move too far away...)

Rachel Berry said...

Oh look at her! What a sweetie!! Love at that hair! Glad you are home and everything is fine. Welcome to the 8lb club..... Just don't have a 9lb baby I don't recommend it.. :)

:)Rachel

The Muries said...

She is adorable. I am glad that you are back home. Having them natural is a whole crazy experience in itself. I agree with Rachel. :) I want to come see you when you get to feeling up to it. :)

Kaela said...

First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Second, she's BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I've only seen one other baby to be so blonde and have so much hair:) Third, WAY TO GO!!! I am curious about the nurse coming in to brake your water without warning- who okayed/ordered that? Glad all is well now and everyone is healthy and happy. It doesn't get more precious than a newborn!!

Jan W. said...

Congratulations, Summer and Glen! She is such a pretty baby! I've never seen a baby with that much blond hair. Sooo cute.

Carrissa Hellewell said...

yay! Glad shes here now! She sure is a cutie! I love all that hair, its such a pretty color too! I hope adjusting to 3 kids goes well! You will have to give us 2 kid moms a few tips when our turn comes to have number 3!

Our Deli-Sub said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Ali said...

Oh, Summer, I am so glad she's here for you and she's absolutely gorgeous. I just want to rub my nose in her little head of hair. She's a doll. Enjoy and rest up when you can!!

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is Beautiful!!!! I am soo happy you are both ok and everything went smoothly;) Beautiful pics!!!

Angela said...

Congratulations on making another beautiful baby, you guys!! I love her hair!! I hope you are both doing well.

PS- I can't believe how big Ginger and Jack are getting! They are so adorable!!

Unknown said...

Your children are beautiful. Congrats on Gretchen's arrival!
XOXOXO

Elizabeth C said...

Congratulations on your little sweetheart!! She is just precious! We have been sick at our house lately, so that is why we haven't been able to come. But we're excited to see little Gretchen. I can't believe how blonde her hair is! I really love the name Gretchen too. Very sweet. Congratulations we're excited to have a new little niece! Hopefully Jack and Ginger are adjusting well to having a new sister! Hopefully your parents or sisters will be able to come to and visit you soon too. You didn't get an epidural at all? Well, at least now you have bragging rights. ;)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Wow on the 35 minutes!!! Congratulations again! :)