Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Ginger's closet

Ginger's closet was in bad shape with her clothes just in a pile on the floor. It was driving me crazy and she was getting frustrated to not be able to find what she wanted to wear. I decided to make these picture/word labels for these bins so she could learn how to be organized. She seemed pretty excited about it. We'll soon see how long the exicement lasts when laziness kicks back in. :)
I know none of the clothes are neatly folded, but I didn't want to push it. I'm just excited that she puts her clothes back where they belong now instead of on the floor.


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you make some bins for me? I need something to organize my office like that.

Holly said...

That's a good idea! It's kind of fun to see Ginger learning how to be grown up and do things herself. I think a lot of parents would still say, "Oh, she's too young to know," and not teach her how to do it. But she's learning how to do a lot of things on her own! The lady I visit teach (she's a grandma and like the mother of our ward) told me about a time when she was really sick. She was supposed to make a bunch of cookies for a ward activity but she was sick and had a new baby, so she layed on the couch and told her 5-yr old what to do and she was able to make the cookies all by himself! The kid got the cookbook out, and the mom told the kid to read the first step and do it, and they were able to get the cookies made! Maybe you can teach Ginger how to make dinner next week! Hehehhe!

Granma Faye said...

Pictures on the drawers is such a good idea. That's really a big help if Ginger will follow-through and keep the clothes picked up. Having a place for everything is critical for success. Sounds like this will work as long as there's enough room in each drawer. Yay, for tidy, organized rooms!

Kaela said...

Another great idea! What an incredible mother you are!!!

Ali said...

What a great idea! I love it! You are one inventive and inspiring little Momma! I love following your family.

Elizabeth C said...

Well, hopefully she keeps them organized too! I did these types of labels for my kiddos, too a couple of months ago, and Ethan does pretty well with it, but Rachel, who puts on 5 different outfits a day, has a harder time keeping her drawers organized. Hope it works for you!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ what a fun idea!