I feel like I'm actually able to enjoy the new born baby stage for once. No flu, constipation problems, hearing loss, mastitis etc. this time!! I am trying my best to avoid contact with the outside world. I REALLY don't want any of us to get sick...things are going too well for it to end.
From day one of being home, Gretchen has just adopted our family schedule and made it her own! She went to bed at 8 (like JAck and Ginger) woke up just twice during the night and wasn't ready to get out of bed till 8am!! I figured it was just a fluke, but then she also was taking her naps the same time as JAck and Ginger, allowing me some free time/nap time for myself. Her sleep routine has pretty much stayed that way with a little variation from time to time. I feel now that it has been two weeks of her going to bed right around 8 and her constant one to two feedings during the night and then up again between 7 and 8 is a schedule I can now count on her keeping. I didn't think it would be this easy! I figured it would be at least 6 months before I got her going to bed the same time as Jack and Ginger. Gretchen is definately making up for all the sleep loss I had with Jack (getting up every 1 1/2 hours with jack was not fun!). (I think I was a zombie with Jack for the first two or more months!) I haven't felt like a zombie yet with Gretchen and I'm hoping I never have to!
Check out the rolls on her little chubby arms! She went to her two week check-up. She lost 8 oz while at the hospital but she got it all back. She is now
8 lbs 10 oz.
I'm so glad I got another girl! I love all the little squeeks and beeps and grunts and just cute little baby noises she makes. I also love her fluffy hair and tiny little hands. I just want to enjoy my little baby the most I can. I love to just sit and cuddle her and rock-a-bye.
Ginger is always excited to see her and is so anxious to play with her and give her toys. JAck justs points at her and says "jack". I guess all little people are "Jacks" to Jack. so cute! Luckily Jack and Ginger haven't really shown any signs of jealousy. They've accepted her pretty well. Hopefully things will stay that way once the excitement of having a new baby around wears off.

4 comments:
Summer I am so glad that things are going so well for you! Holy cow talk about nice that she is already on their schedule. How did you get so lucky? :) I love the pictures of your kids they all look so happy, as do you. That jacket on Jack is adorable and Ginger in her Easter dress is very pretty.
Such alot of hair! What a cutie. She's a little strawberry shortcake. Love that Gretchen, asleep with her pretty bright blankie.
Oh, I am so glad she's been an easy baby for you! It makes your full hands not so full...but your heart even fuller I'm sure :) She is just a doll.
♥ She sounds like the ideal baby! What a sweetie! and what a blessing for YOU! :)
Post a Comment