I love having our own garden and having access to it right outside our door. How fun it is to just walk out and pick some peas for dinner. I love that the kids will eat the stuff right out of the garden.
Here is what we packed into this little garden:
carrots, sugar snaps, peas, green beans, potatoes, corn, onions, beats, watermelon, cantelope, pumpkins, butternut squash, lettuce, spinach and we have some strawberries.
Next year, we're moving the garden to the side of teh house and making raised beds.
We also have raspberries which the kids love to pick!


5 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad your garden is doing well! Yipee! That's cool your raspberries are growing too! That's really exciting because those berries are so expensive to buy at the store. I picked raspberries at my friend's house and she let me keep them! I'm going to make jam with them.
Beautiful garden! You and Glen have made such a wonderful home in such a short time. I am so impressed. The planter boxes really add to the house. I like the way you used that stupid platform for something useful.
Wow, lots of good stuff! It's growing well. My favorite are the raspberries. Yum, yum. The kids'll get 'em all and you won't have enough to cover a bowl of ice cream! Little stinkers! Makes for good memories, though. I love remembering how I picked tomatoes and ate them right there in the garden. Peas, too. So good when they're on-the-spot fresh.
Great looking garden! I'm a little jealous. Maybe Holly should come down here and get me set up!
Your garden and yard and planter boxes all are amazing!! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment