So I put the cedar chips from the smoker in the fire pan and the fire pan got too hot and was too close to our round-up container and the plastic caught fire and then the fire wood around that caught fire along with the ladder and plastic bin.
The bishop told me today at church that when he saw the flames, they were around 12 feet high. Very BIG. They had to have been big because my other neighbor down the street saw them out of the corner of his eye from inside his house. He was playing video games and noticed the glow.
After Glen got home last night to see the damage, the Bishop called and offered to come over and give Glen some fish smoking tips. :) hahah I thought he was joking, but he told me today that he just caught a bunch of salmon and would like to come over and smoke it with Glen. :)
5 comments:
Wow, that's WAY too close for comfort! I'm so glad the neighbors saw it and that it happened when people were up and around instead of at 2 am! Yikes! Reminds me of Wendy's story with the burnt up sock in the light fixture. Both stories are pretty scary. Big awful things can happen so easily with just a little unnoticed chain of events. Glad your house is OK, Summer.
Oh, that makes sense. I'm glad it didn't get out of control, and that your neighbor did something about it when he saw. I thought your Bishop was going to offer to come over and help fix the fence. That's funny that he wanted to use the smoker too. hahahah!
Glen needs to get a refund on that fire-retardant stain he put on the fence.
Scary!! Thank goodness for neighbors is right! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse and so sorry that it happened at all. That is good to know about those fire extinguishers we have one, but I worry that it is not enough. I am going to try to get a few more for backup soon.
Whoa! Crazy! Bummer about the fence and ladder, but you're right- it could have been so much worse! Smoking fish...sounds YUM.
Post a Comment