Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My baby isn't much of a baby anymore!

                                                                                                   Jack Before
JAck AFter
No more Binky!
The plan was to wait till he turned 2 but that all changed when he lost his favorite binky in the mountains.  He refused his other binky even though the difference was just the color!  Talk about picky! So I threw out all the binkies and boy is it nice to not have to be in a panic and worry about whether we remembered to bring a binky or search for the lost binky or quickly dig through the diaper bag for his binky in sacrament meeting when he starts getting loud.  no more binkies!  He is talking tons better and alot more now that the binky is gone!
A few weeks after Jack lost his binky we decided to switch him to his toddler bed.  I was excited but also dreading it.  This was also not planned to happen so soon, but we were afraid to wait much longer.  Jack is so strong.  He could jump pretty high in his crib and we were afraid he was going to find a way out and get hurt or tip the whole thing over!  It just wasn't worth the risk and besides, he'll be 2 in november. 
The switch over went better than I hoped for.  I took his crib down after church and gave him his new blanky to go with his new bedset to get him all excited about his new bed.  Then at night all we had to do was read him a story with him in his bed and then he was good to go!  Jack was all excited about his new freedom until he realized that we switched the lock on his door and he can't get out until we let him out. hahahah  After a day of that, he hasn't protested during nap time.  he seems to be happy playing in his room.  At least now he can get to all his toys and isn't stuck in a crib.



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad that all worked out so good. Jack is growing up so fast! Maybe loosing the binky and crib is what he needed to move on to the next stage and be happy. Haha, that reminded me of when I was asking how you know when to stop giving Jack a bottle, and as you told me all the things to watch for you realized he was ready to be done with the bottle. Haha. Hopefully I can remember all those things when we have kids too.

Ali said...

Aw, the binky just automatically makes them at least six months younger doesn't it? Whenever Evan has one in, he seems to be my baby again, but without it, he is my big boy! Jack does look much bigger without it! We may be getting rid of ours soon too, but hopefully (knock on wood) it won't be too traumatic since he's more attached to his bear and sometimes can fall asleep without the bink. Fun bedset you have! That's great that he transitioned so well.

Kaela said...

Wow! Two big milestones both tackled fairly easily it sounds like. Woohoo!!! Does everyone tell you how gorgeous Jack's eyes are? Er, I mean handsome:)

Wendy Jean said...

I'm glad the transition went smoothly! Jack looks so big standing next to his bed. That's funny about switching the lock around. :) Cute bed, too.